FFMS & FFHS Shooting Team
This team is a part of the North Carolina Hunter Safety Shooting Sports Program.
Every student must have passed the NC Hunter Safety class before they can participate in any activity that we are planning.
The Goals and Objectives of the North Carolina Hunter Safety Shooting Sports Program are:
- To encourage participation in natural resources and related natural science programs by exposing participants to the content through target shooting.
- To enhance development of self-concept, character and personal growth through safe, educational and socially acceptable involvement in target shooting programs.
- To teach safe and responsible use of firearms and archery equipment including sound decision making and self-discipline.
- To promote the highest standards of safety, sportsmanship and ethical behavior.
- To expose participants to the broad array of vocational and life-long advocational activities related to target sports.
- To strengthen families through participation in life-long recreational activities.
- To compliment and enhance the impact of existing safety, target sports and hunter education programs using experiential education methods and progressive development of skills and abilities.
The shooting team will be practicing on the second and fourth Sundays of each month. Students can only participate in the practice sessions after they have had a Hunter Safety class. All practices will be held at the Outer Banks Gun Club from 1:00 to 4:00 in the afternoon.